Toad

The warts on a toad’s back won’t give you warts if you touch them.  But you should be careful the way you handle the toad.  The bumps or “warts” on a toad’s skin are actually a collection of poison glands. When a toad is attacked, the lumpy glands in its skin let out and milky fluid that stings the mouth of any bigger animal that tires to eat the toad.

The poisonous glands can also sting your eyes and mouth if you rub them after picking up a toad.  The toad’s poisonous skin does not protect it against, all enemies.  Many snakes and birds regularly feed upon toads. – Dick Rogers

Advertisements